R.I.T.A. - BYLAWS Rhode Island Tel-Data Association
ARTICLE I. NAME
The organization shall be known as: Rhode Island Tel-Data Association (R.I.T.A.)
ARTICLE II. PURPOSE
The purpose of the association is:
A. To share with others information and resources pertaining to all areas of voice, data and video communications.
B. To provide a forum in which to discuss and help resolve issues common to system users.
C. To promote the role of Tel-Data Administrators as professionals.
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP
A. Institutional membership is open to public and private organizations having telecommunications requirements
1. Prospective member organizations that complete an application and pay annual dues will become members upon approval of the Board.
2. Each Institutional member organization is entitled to one vote.
3. Guests and prospective members are welcome to attend meetings. For guests and prospective members, attendance requires prior notification to a Board member via email or telephone call.
4. Renewal of membership is on a yearly (Calendar year) basis and is subject to approval of the Board.
5. Membership shall be open to all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion or national origin.
6. An Institutional member “in good standing” is defined as:
(1) Membership dues must be paid.
B. Corporate Affiliate membership is open to companies that sell, lease, rent, service or otherwise provide telecommunications-related products.
1. Corporate Affiliate members shall be allowed to present up to two times per calendar year, time permitting.
2. Renewal of membership is on a yearly (Calendar year) basis and is subject to approval of the Board.
3. Corporate Affiliate members are not entitled to vote in RITA elections, are not eligible to serve on the Board, are not eligible to serve as a Committee or Council Chair, but can serve as a Committee or Council Member.
ARTICLE IV. ELECTED OFFICERS
The officers of the association shall be elected by the Institutional members as:
Terms of office:
1. Officers shall be elected for a term of two (2) years and shall not be eligible to serve for more than two successive terms in any single office. In the event that there are no other nominees, the current officer shall be allowed to continue to serve.
2. Elections shall be held at the last meeting of the calendar year. Elected officers shall assume their terms of office beginning with the first calendar meeting of the subsequent year.
In the event of a vacancy in the office of President, the Vice President shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the office for the remainder of the term. All other vacancies shall be filled by appointment, made by the Board and shall be for the duration of the existing term of office.
Candidates for Office:
1. Candidates for office shall be Institutional members in good standing.
2. At the meeting when elections are held, nominations from the floor will be accepted. The person nominated, must have knowledge of nomination and be willing to accept the position. A second to the nomination must be submitted before a membership vote can be taken.
ARTICLE V. DUTIES OF OFFICES
A. The President shall preside over all regular meetings of the Association, establish temporary committees as required, and may appoint two Directors at Large, authorize official Association communiqués, and perform all such other duties which normally are the function of the President.
B. The Vice President shall preside over regular meetings in the absence of the President, act as chairperson of any committee and perform all such other duties which normally are the function of the Vice President.
C. The Secretary shall record and distribute minutes of all meetings, keep the official membership list and maintain all official communications.
D. The Treasurer shall collect, keep in a safe place, and disperse all RITA funds under the direction of the Board. The Treasurer shall give an accounting of receipts and disbursements at the monthly meeting. The Treasurer shall provide at the December meeting, to the membership, an annual financial statement. The Treasurer is responsible for invoicing members for membership dues.
E. The Directors at Large shall assist other officers as deemed necessary.
F. Officers are expected to attend 7 f the 10 scheduled meeetings per year.
ARTICLE VI. DUES
Dues are non-refundable, are to be paid yearly on or by January 31st and are not to be pro-rated for late entry.
(1) Institutional membership: shall be set at $75.00 per year per member organization.
(2) Corporate Affiliate membership: shall be set at $150.00 per year per member organization.
ARTICLE VII. MEETINGS
Meetings shall be held monthly. Dates, times and locations will be determined by the members present.
ARTICLE VII. QUORUM
A quorum shall consist of a simple majority of the voting members attending the meeting.
ARTICLE IX. GENERAL
A.The organization shall be nonprofit.
B.Robert's Rules of Order shall prevail in case of dispute.
ARTICLE X. AMENDMENTS
The bylaws may be changed or amended at any business meeting of RITA provided the following prerequisites have been complied with.
A. A member in good standing must submit a written copy of the proposed amendment to the Board at least thirty days prior to the meeting at which the vote is taken.
B. The Secretary shall notify the general membership in writing at least fifteen days prior to that meeting.
C. The motion to amend will be made and a second submitted, then the general membership shall have an a opportunity to question the member proposing the amendment prior to the membership vote.
D. If a quorum exists and a two thirds vote is sustained, the motion shall pass.